Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dota Batik







To start out my Batik, I was trying to find some tracings that could fit the size of the cloth I was using. Unable to do so, I decided on settling with beach scenery. I then found a photo of two coconut trees, and thought it was a great idea to use it. I added the sand and the sea using all the imagination I had, adding in a sun and whatever I could think of. At the time, I hadn't come up with a plan on what colours I was to use. I then realized how .. plain my Batik looked. So I added a nice big flower, and a couple of coconuts by the sea. At the left top part of my Batik, as you can see, is an abstract drawing that I intended on making into clouds at first. And on the right side, also was very plain, I tried to come up with so many things to draw there and finally decided that putting the word DOTA instead of my own name would be way better, since I love Dota... a lot. Hahaha :P

The different colours I used came to me at random. I used what I thought would look best. The clouds that didn't really turn into clouds are the colours green and black, because of this gaming brand that I like! Their signature colours are green and black, so you get the point, right? (Yee Zhe and Kelvin would know) hahaha. I didn't wanna colour the word Dota in black, because I thought that it would dominate the whole photo and attract all the attention. So I used a more subtle purple, to create my very own (some.. strange sort of) colour wheel! HEHE.