Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Silent Hill: Revelations

Now we all know Silent Hill was made famous by the games, Silent Hill 1,2,3 and 4.  If you ask me, the games are much scarier than the movie. I'm not saying I'm a scaredy-cat, but the anticipation of knowing there's an enemy somewhere near you ready to attack, and the disturbing sounds they make, all adds to the unique experience which is Silent Hill.





Ah, the famous sign "Welcome to Silent Hill". Sure, it is a welcome sign, but it kinda says "Hey, you're gettin yourself into some deep shit, but sure, come on in!"

So, first impression of it, not bad *obama meme*. The set, graphics and make up were very impressive. Everything complimented by everything else (does that make any sense?) The sound effects also made the appearance of the 'creatures' even worse. Speaking of the 'creatures', the director has cleverly manipulated what would be normal characters in daily life into, basically, abominations.


Thats what I was talking about. Nurses, but all... messed up. No faces, filthy uniforms and a creepy stance. Makes the 'haunted hospital' idea ten times worse. I mean, imagine waking up in a hospital bed, to that ^. The storyline was average, telling the tale of a girl, Heather, who upon her 18th birthday, discovers she is not who she thinks she is. Then her dad disappears and there's the hero boy who does what he can to help the girl. Its all kinda corny if you ask me. But the above scene was probably my favourite. While watching this scene, and they're coming towards the camera, I felt trapped in my seat. Like they were actually coming for me. Me. No. Gusta.


Not to forget the classic icon of Silent Hill, Pyramid head! :D He's one messed up executioner/torturer who's sole purpose in life is to scare the shit out of you, inflict unworldly pain and kill. Based on the picture above, you can see he likes to keep his work close. Weirdo.

All in all, I rate the movie with a 6.5/10, backed up mostly by great make up, graphics and a great set. The story didn't really do it for me, but it is the kind of movie I would watch again if I came across it.